Canning this week included

A special request from my hubby - Salsa!
Now if we happen to find tortilla chips here, which is rare, very rare, we will be ready! 
In the meantime, crackers are tasty with it :)

Dill Pickles!

And since my husband found a GREAT price on tomatoes, I canned them too!

I am so thankful for my kids, They chipped right in, to help clean, cut, cook, and load the jars. What a blessing they were! We got in much talking during this time as well which was a precious time.

As we were taking our finished products down to our basement, memories of my grandparent's basement came to my mind. What happy memories! When I was younger, my grandparents lived in Iowa and if you know Iowa homes, you know they can have the greatest basements around. When we used to visit Grandma and Grandpa in the summers, the kids slept down in the basement, and when the cousins all came as well, we had lots of kids in the basement! I remember Grandma had those bunk beds, the shower with the cold concrete floors (burrrr), playing games, long talks at night after lights out :), and the deep freezer that my grandma had in the basement because we could always count on those Monster Cookies to be in there! What a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment