The Day I Married My Best Friend

September 23rd is a Special Day in this Hess home. 
 I was looking through our wedding album and many precious memories flooded my mind. I thought I would share a few photos with you, and maybe it just might bring some precious memories to your mind as well.
Michael Dwane Joiner
Wasn't he the cutest Ring Barer! And to think, in a couple short months,  he will be getting married himself and adding a sweet young lady to our family :)

Catherine Joiner McCoy
She was the most precious little Flower Girl! Has it been that many years? I can't believe this little girl is now married and is expecting their first little one :) I am so excited! I am going to be a Great Aunt!

It's Time! Let's go Dad!



You may kiss the bride!

Tony and I cutting our wedding cake. It was Chocolate!

It's time to go on our Honeymoon.
 When we turned on the air conditioning, confetti flew everywhere!


Can you guess who these people are? Ok, I'll tell :)
Troy  Tonja  Kevin  Marisa  Dawn  Tony  Tamie  Mark
Catherine  Michael

I love you mom! Thank you for all you did to make this day extra special :)


These are those special folks who had a special part in our wedding, the Music!

Here is the happy couple!

A MARRIAGE PRAYER

Lord, be in this marriage
In a special way,
May we feel Your presence
Each and every day.

Grant us both good humor
To surpass our coming years;
May there always be much laughter
May there always be less tears.

Give us strength and courage
To follow in Your will,
To trust You in the valley
As we do upon the hill.

Give us both the eyes of love
So we'll always see
The goodness in each other,
Secure us, Lord, in Thee.

Give us words of kindness, Lord,
Help us both to live
So our lips are ever quick
In saying, "I forgive."

Give us hearts that beat as one,
Bind us ever near;
May our love grow deeper, Lord,
With each passing year.

Lord, be in this marriage,
Keep our love brand new;
May we love each other, Lord,
The same way that You do.

by Connie Cook

"What therefore God hath joined together, Let not man put asunder." (Matthew 19:6)

The Happy Couple, 17 wonderful years later :)
Thank you Lord, for giving me a wonderful, godly husband. Someone who makes me laugh.
 I love you Tony, with all my pea pick'n heart. I look forward to spending many more fun filled years with you. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Dawn! It's easy to see you're still radiant by Tony's side! :) May God continue to bless you both and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, congratulations!!! 17 years if awesome!
    I loved all the photos, weren't the 90s the best! I loved all the bog shoulders and hair.

    Anyhoo, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing. - Tinyla

    ReplyDelete